The management of NACADA is vested in a Board of Directors comprising of fifteen members including the Chief Executive Officer.
- A chairperson appointed by the President with the approval of the National Assembly, who shall be a person with experience in public affairs either in judicial service, public service or the private or voluntary sector;
- Five are Principal Secretaries from the Ministries of Interior and Coordination of National Government, National Treasury, Health, Education, Science and Technology, Public Service, Youth and Gender Affairs;
- Head of the Anti-Narcotics Unit;
- Three appointed by the Cabinet Secretary from among healthcare providers, researchers, policy and legal practitioners, media and communication professionals, educationists, security, safety and environmental experts;
- One nominated by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board;
- Two nominated by the joint forum of religious organizations and appointed by the Cabinet Secretary;
- One person nominated by a most representative organization working with the youth and appointed by the Cabinet Secretary; and
- The Chief Executive Officer
The Board operates through four committees: Finance; Audit; Technical; and Staff and Welfare Committee.